Wednesday, June 24, 2009

So You Want to Play WoW? Pt. 3

In my last post, I went over picking your class. Today I am going to talk about picking a race and creating your name. Your race is not extremely important. As long as it has the class that you want to play, there aren't many differences between races. Although there are many racial traits that I will discuss at a later date, I recommend choosing a race based on how you feel. Hopefully this character is going to be with you all the way to level 80 so you want to pick something that looks and feels right to you. When you reach endgame content, you will see every single class/race combination. There are pros and cons to every one of these combinations. Pick what you want and enjoy it.

Now for some naming tips. World of Warcraft has a name generator for you to use. Click on this as many times as you like until you find something you like. This can be a great way to find a name, and it also avoids issues with offensive names. I actually use the name generator and love my characters' names. There are many name generators online that you can choose to use.

I believe that the best names are the simple ones. People don't want to have to remember long and complicated names. They want to be able to type it so don't use any strange characters that aren't on a basic keyboard. Also, don't just type gibberish; you should be able to read your name out loud. Adlkajf is not what you should be using. People will think that you are A.Childish or B. a gold farmer. You don't want that, do you? Try not to offend people either. That's always good, right? Don't try to make political or social statements with your name. People don't want to see that; they are just trying to escape the real world for a little bit. Don't ruin that for them. In the end, your name doesn't have to be the most unique or creative. Choose a name that is simple and one that your like. Now go create a character and start leveling!

No comments:

Post a Comment